Issues editing an existing course

Issues editing an existing course

by Yvonne Crawford -
Number of replies: 1

A colleague of mine can't seem to edit her course ( and neither can i) we've upgraded to the latest version of Moodle, and students can't seem to access the course either. 

However her course was set up under a different version of moodle and I think a different theme and due to a college takeover, we copied the courses over into our theme (adpatable). 

If you click on any of the topics it goes straight to the top, likewise if you click on the pen nothing happens, and there's no option to add activity or resource. 

I'm an administration and my colleague is a tutor so we have all the correct settings. 

Can someone advise on what I/my collagues can do to edit this page.??   

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yvonne Crawford

Re: Issues editing an existing course

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Looks like the course has collapsed topics setting as the course format.   That's an addon.   Is that addon installed and up to date on the new home of the course?

If you turn on editing first, then navigate to the course, is there a course admin menu?   Could change format of course that route or via direct DB manipulation given you know/and can see the course ID number.

mysql> select id,fullname,shortname,format from mdl_course;

if you add a where clause for the known course id you get only that courses info:

mysql> select id,fullname,shortname,format from mdl_course where id=3;
+----+-------------------------+-----------+--------+
| id | fullname                | shortname | format |
+----+-------------------------+-----------+--------+
|  3 | Moodle and Command Line | MDLCLI    | topics |

For the course that has issues, topics above could show 'collpasedtopics' or similar.

Could change that info to whatever format is available on new sytsem.

https://www.mysqltutorial.org/mysql-update-data.aspx

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings:Useful (1)