Moodle deleting accounts

Moodle deleting accounts

by Roberto Becerra -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

I post this in the Authentication section, since I suspect this is somehow the reason for our problem.

As it turns out, our moodle has been suspending and/or even deleting accounts recently. 

I get emails from people that cannot login and I discover that their accounts are suspended or deleted. Sometimes they have an auth oidc token error, and sometimes a genericerror. 

We are using microsoft 365 to log users in and recently we linked to a new app in Azure, but then we scrapped that and linked back to the original app. 

Has anyone experienced something like this or has any idea why this might happen?

Also, if anyone has a suggestion of a better section in the forum to post this to, I will very much also appreciate it. 

Thanks!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roberto Becerra

Re: Moodle deleting accounts

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
If the app actually used a different address or method to log in, did the old accounts get switched to the new method? Could it be that the new app is not looking at the correct ou for accounts or your bind user does not have the necessary authority in the new app?
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Moodle deleting accounts

by Roberto Becerra -
Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Emma for your reply.

So, I am thinking something similar. Somewhere along the way, while changing apps, some users got updated to a new app, that was latter deleted, and now they are in a sort of limbo. I still dont know what's happening. If i make any discoveries I will share here.