Showing blocks in published LTI activities

Re: Showing blocks in published LTI activities

by George Schaathun -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers
Actually, I want to embed true blocks, not just fake blocks. Arguably, that makes my request an enhancement, while yours is a bug. I was not aware of the distinction when I posted, so thanks a lot for the knowledge boost.

The case is this. We want to add a comment feature to questions, for the students to ask questions, with a direct easy to follow link to the question and instance, be that bug reports, requests for help, general evaluation, or whatever. As far as our own activity, CAPQuiz, is concerned, we could just as well use fake blocks, I think. However, we may want to use it also with the core Quiz, and then an independent block module is a more practical approach.

I can imagine there being other applications, but the imagination is not concrete.

Is this just me, or would there be in general interest optionally to be able to embed arbitrary blocks in LTI consumed activities?

For my immediate needs, I can probably patch core with one of the ideas considered for MDL-68792, but such rogue approach is not entirely satisfactory ...

:-- George