Copying one quiz to 80 other teachers' Moodles

Copying one quiz to 80 other teachers' Moodles

by Ahmad Amer -
Number of replies: 4

Salam,

One school has 80 teachers. Each teacher has a number of Moodle courses. Is it possible to copy one quiz (I created as an Admin) to all other Moodle courses in the school in a simple quick way! (Something like global sharing cart or another feature/tool?)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: Copying one quiz to 80 other teachers' Moodles

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

There is a sharing cart plugin but I don't think it is a 1:many, I think it is still 1:1, just like importing/restoring. You could put all the quiz questions on the category or site level quiz bank and allow them to use the questions in quizzes that they create. 

Be careful that you know what permissions you want them to have as changing a question in an upper level bank that is used in many quizzes changes it in every quiz, not just the one it was changed in.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Matt Ladwig -
Hi Ahmad,

There are two fast ways I think you could accomplish this.

1. Create a course with a quiz in it. Give all teachers access to that course so they can import that quiz into their courses. We do this each year with mandatory weekly attendance quizzes where our teachers use the sharing cart to bulk import 18 quizzes at once.

2. This second option starts the same way but requires no work from the teachers. Create a course with a quiz in it. Then use the course upload tool and a csv file to bulk add that course as a template to all of the courses. The quiz will be uploaded to all courses listed in the csv file. We have done this a few times when the administration wants certain activities/resources to be at the top of all courses.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matt Ladwig

by Ahmad Amer -

Thank you Matt, very creative.

The first option is clear.

The second one is not clear enough. 

What is the course upload tool? What is meant by “as a template”