Assignments Feedback keep all previous comments

Assignments Feedback keep all previous comments

by Ezra Steenkamp -
Number of replies: 2

Sometimes the Teacher provide the Student with feedback and request to re-submit the assignment.

Is there any way to keep the previous submitted feedback also?

So when you view the students assignment you can see previous feedback comments provided. (For every attempt.

EZ

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ezra Steenkamp

Re: Assignments Feedback keep all previous comments

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Ezra,
I don't know of a way in assignments of doing what you asked about, but what kind of assignment is it? Are the students submitting files, or are they submitting online text? It might be possible to leave a "feedback trail" by using some other Moodle plugin. For instance, submitting multiple versions of a file with separately maintained comments by the teacher could be done using the Database activity. If it is online text that the teacher wants them to refine, you could use the Journal. There is also a new plugin awaiting approval, Diary, that is a highly modified version of Journal, that lets the student create a new entry each calendar day, thus allowing the student to keep a version history, with each one getting a separate rating with feedback from the teacher. It will even let them edit and refine version from previous "days" if needed.
There are other plugins too, that might be used. Just depends on what the "assigment" is.
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Assignments Feedback keep all previous comments

by Ezra Steenkamp -
Hi there and many thanks for the response.

I found some very interesting plugins to add to this, but not quite what I need yet.

I refer to the Teachers text feedback. 
Say for example the Teacher rejects the learners submitted and ask him to re-submit this. The learner will then be able to edit the submission and re-submit.

Problem is that the learner with the second attempt of grading will still see his previous comments and able to edit it.

Is there a way of hiding his previous comments maybe, and maybe show is "history" or "previous" comments. This will allow the teacher to submit a new comment and still be able to view other teachers previous comments to this learner.

Hope this make sense and many thanks for the response.
Attachment moodle1.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)