setting up courses

setting up courses

door Soraia Ramos -
Aantal antwoorden: 4

Good afternoon everyone,

My question relates to the creation of courses at moodle, and I would like to know if it is possible, within the same course and without having to make a new copy of course, to have several occurrences with different students, that is, instead of having to create a copy, just change the students who are in that course.

I would also like to know if a student can attend the course in a personal dynamic.

Thank you very much

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op Soraia Ramos

Re: setting up courses

door Beatriz Rojo -
Hello Soraia,
there are different options, depending on your scenario: groups and cohorts.
What do you mean by "a personal dynamic"?
Als antwoord op Beatriz Rojo

door Soraia Ramos -
Hi Beatriz!

The idea was to create several groups (as if they were several editions).

When I said personal dynamics, I meant that a student could start the course independently, that is, without a deadline: to be able to start and finish whenever he wanted, regardless of the edition.

door Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Soraia,
I think groups is a good option. Regarding the personal dynamics, one possibility would be to display an activity or resource only when the previous one or a set of previous activities or resources have been completed. This alternative is not ideal if the course has collaborative activities, such as a Wiki or a Forum.

door Colin Fraser -
Foto van Documentation writers Foto van Testers
There is one way, that is using a meta course. That way you keep the content in a parent course and your enrollments in a child course. This can become a lot of work to maintain and you could end up with a lot of child courses. Be careful here. 
I don't know of any plugin that allows that kind of flexibility, but it is a reasonable idea, set task completion dates based on the date the first time a course is entered. 
You might want to go to Moodle Tracker and put that idea up as a possible new development for Moodle and a very useful tool too, I would think, for a lot of non-school, non-college/university training organization. 
Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen: Useful (2)