Moodle frame that shows html pages is too tiny

Moodle frame that shows html pages is too tiny

by Antonio Regina -
Number of replies: 5

The administrators have moved Moodle from a previous (I guess 3.6)  to 3.9 version. As a result I found all my small web sites that were included in the course (using file resource and setting index.html as main file) with problems. 

They show now with a fix height size of near 550 pixels. Too little, since many of these html pages include  flipbooks (png images) that now cannot be read, since they are rescaled in height instead that in width as it was in previous Moodle versions.

The vertical constraint of the frame is the problem. 

The image below gives an example. Can someone help to suggest where to look at the issue (in the admin side I guess) so to remove such a constraint?

Thank you

the height of the frame is now fixed. Before it was free to change

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antonio Regina

Re: Moodle frame that shows html pages is too tiny

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
We use the Full Screen plugin.
https://moodle.org/plugins/atto_fullscreen

Students can toggle it on/toggle it off as needed.
I provided instructions on the toggle functionality on the course description page
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Ri: Re: Moodle frame that shows html pages is too tiny

by Antonio Regina -
Thanks Shirley for your response.
However it is not exacly what I am looking for. I am not an admin, and I cannot install plugins. I would like to suggest to them, though, what exactly to do so to fix the problem.
In fact, I could manage my html pages differently, by changing in Moodle file resource editing the appearance. Now it is set: Display=automatic, and it could be changed in Display=pop-up. In that case no problem with the height constraint.

But since in the previous Moodle versions (or themes) things were showing ok, I would like to have them still in that way.
In reply to Antonio Regina

Re: Ri: Re: Moodle frame that shows html pages is too tiny

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Instead of inserting a HTML page, maybe use the URL activity? The URL activity provides the option to open in a separate pop-up window.
Kind Regards
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Moodle frame that shows html pages is too tiny

by Antonio Regina -

Unfortunately - for what I understand - URL resource is just for external links. There is no obvious (and simple) way to connect an internal html page (which is the main page of a small html site of other pages) to a fix URL. I hope to be wrong, if someone can correct me and show the opposite.