Moodle Forum whole grade doesn't save the grades

Moodle Forum whole grade doesn't save the grades

by Rafael Cereceda -
Number of replies: 7

Hi you all:

I have an issue with moodle 3.8, that in this version allows to grade the comments in a forum with a rubric.

The thing is that it doesn't save the grades when you click next or save in the rubric site. In fact when you finish and look at the gradebook for the grades, nothing appear.

i'm concern because in other activities works fine.

Thanks a lot

Rafael Cereceda

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rafael Cereceda

Re: Moodle Forum whole grade doesn't save the grades

by Al Charl -
Same issue here

by Al Charl -
I found the solution. Go to settings of forum, Whole forum grading, change to "point" type.

by Susan Fleming -
We are having the same issue only the instructor started with Point turned on and Simple Direct Grading. The grades in his second and third forum aren't saving at all and in his first forum, four out of five grades saved, but the fifth keeps disappearing. He marked his fourth forum over the weekend and the grades saved. The settings in all four forums are identical and he is putting in the grades via the "Grade Users" option.

He is able to manually add a grade directly in the Grade Book and have it stick, but it doesn't show when he goes into "Grade Users" in the Forum.

We switched the Point to Scale in one of the forums impacted, saved the change, then changed the Scale back to Point; I (Admin Role) was able to add marks for all students in that forum and have them save. The instructor repeated the process in the other forum and was able to enter marks for one student in one forum and have it display to the student, but not for the other students in the forum; for the other students he ended up adding the marks directly to the grade book. The instructor tried going back into the forum I entered marks into when testing to adjust those marks and was not able to do so; he ended up adding the correct marks for that forum directly to the Grade Book as well.

Switching from Scale to Point seems to work, but very inconsistently.

We upgraded from ver. 3.7 to Moodle 3.9.7+ (Build: 20210520) in July.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Susan Fleming

by Susan Fleming -
For Moderator

I just sent a "Report to Moderator" message because I have searched the Moodle Tracker to see if there is a bug error open and can't find anything. I tried creating a new bug error, but keep getting
"Dear Moodler, before creating a new issue you need to demonstrate that you have searched among the existing issues to see if it's already been filed. Please find a similar issue from among the open issues and either start watching it or vote for it."
Can you please report this issue for us.
Thank you,
Susan Fleming
fleming@cotr.bc.ca
In reply to Susan Fleming

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Susan,

Does MDL-73003 cover the problem you are experiencing? If it's not quite the same, you can either add a comment to the issue or watch the issue (when you are logged in to the tracker you will see a link 'Start watching this issue') then you will be allowed to create a new issue.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Susan Fleming -
Hello Helen

Thank you for getting back. MDL-73003 is related, but in our instance, Simple Grading was used with Point; there was no Rubric or Marking Guide involved.

And thank you for the additional information relating to creating a bug report.