Text Editors: Can't highlight

Text Editors: Can't highlight

by Kevin Ryan -
Number of replies: 5

I am suddenly unable to highlight, drag, or drop any text in ATTO or TinyMCE editors. This happened about 3 days ago, and I cannot remember any changes that might have affected this ability. I have check through all of the settings, and everything else runs fine, but highlighting and text is not possible (highlighting is fine outside Atto). I have tried with Windows 10 Chrome and Edge, OS X Chrome. I am running version 3.8.2 (about to upgrade) and Adaptable theme on a container at Linode with Debian. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Ryan

Re: Text Editors: Can't highlight

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Kevin, your condition sounds like a mystery to me. I don't have any pointers to find the problem, except to ask your admin if any changes happened on the server. FYI, I have been using ATTO editors in 3.8 and now 3.9 and can highlight, drag, drop.

In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Kevin Ryan -
Thanks for the response. And I haven't made any changes to the environment (I'm the admin) in that time. Yes, I could highlight up until 3 days ago. It doesn't work on two different computers. Probably the easiest will be just to go ahead and upgrade to 3.9.
In reply to Kevin Ryan

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
3 days ago? I think that is when Suga san took over as prime minister of Japan. Check the political environment, too.
In reply to Kevin Ryan

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I am running 3.9.2, Boost, and ATTO.  I can drag and drop.  I am not sure what tool you were using to highlight.  Is the "highlight" tool available in this Moodle.org ATTO editor?

In addition to checking your political environment, I would add to check your corona anti-virus software to make sure it is up to date. 😀

In reply to Kevin Ryan

by Kevin Ryan -

Thanks everyone. Upgrading from 3.8.2 to 3.9.2 did the trick. Not sure what was interfering, but I also upgraded my PHP (7.2 to 7.3) so that might have been it (but doubtful as I am sure many other users with PHP 7.2 are working). The other thing was a glitch in a plugin that checks my email to make sure it works. Again, probably not. Probably just have to leave it in the "weird confluence of circumstances" category.