Unique User journey - Moodle version 3.2

Unique User journey - Moodle version 3.2

by MUHAMMAD IBTEHAJ -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

So I am using Moodle for my education technology startup. I have compartmentalize my course content into a study plan divided in months. It is similar to the ones use by Edx and Coursera.

A user, when logged into Edx, gets a weekly plan irrespective of when he/she starts it. I want the same to happen with Moodle. Each user will have a unique journey. Let us elaborate with an example.

Alex and John both join my course on Moodle. My course duration is 3 months and each month a specific section from the study plan is visible to a user. Alex joins in January while John joined in March. I want both to have access to same study plan, each having a three-month duration to complete the entire course. Please note that the course is time bound. Each month only a specific section is unlocked. Sections following the current section stay locked.

Please tell me how I can achieve this in Moodle version 3.2.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to MUHAMMAD IBTEHAJ

Re: Unique User journey - Moodle version 3.2

by Richard Samson -

What you seek is not yet fully available in Moodle, certainly not in Moodle 3.2.

The functionality has been asked for often by a variety of users.

It is partially implemented as an experimental feature in Moodle 3.8, I believe.

Read about all this on the Moodle Tracker:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-66044?jql=text%20~%20%22relative%20dates%22

particularly Helen Foster's recent comments there.

(You will need to register on the Tracker site too.)

I hope this helps.

Richard Samson
Moodle Users Association member