Good day everyone, I'm very new here.
First and foremost, let me say hi and introduce myself, I'm Mariano from Spain, I am a professor in financial management for some entities in my country and I'm seeking to elevate my courses a little bit by taking them online. I have no clue about moodle as an administrator and I don't know these forums. I apologize If I get something wrong with this message and prompt the admins to please let me know and take whatever measures they consider.
In building my online project, I find myself researching moodle as a possible platform to use to store and manage my courses as an alternative to building a platform with basic functionalities from scratch. I believe that if moodle can meet my requirements it will save me a lot of time and money, by what I have been reading, it currently supports a fair share of the things that I'd like to implement plus a few more that I find convenient, yet, I haven't been able to find info on some of the things I believe are crucial and I came to try and clear my doubts.
So here are the things I'd like to know:
I've seen moodle management and design is handled similarly to wordpress, is that so? will implementing functionalities require for me to code a lot inside the platform or I'm good to go using plugins generally? I have a programmer on my team and he'd take care of it, generally my doubts are as to how the platform integrates on a general website regarding payments, loging, signing up and stuff like that.
Regarding missing functionalities:
1. I've seen Moodle supports stripe payments which I like. Does it support fractioned payment from stripe also? I mean, does it support all the possible payment possibilities that stripe offers?
2. Do you guys know if there is a way to add a referral system inside moodle?
3. I've seen that users need to be registered in moodle in order to access a course, fair thing; but I guess this won't require them to register in two different places right? I mean, I can just take them to a form in my site where they will register and pay for the courses and make that register page be an access to the moodle platform. I don't want to have them register in my site and in moodle separately.
4. I'd like to implement a system to prevent the same user from logging in simultaneously from 2 different IP's with the same account, do you think something like that can be put in place in moodle?
5. When I implement further courses on the moodle platform, I can set a separate payment for the new courses right? I think this is a dumb question but I wanna make sure.
Before anything, thank you guys very much for taking the time to answer me and help me with my start in moodle. I really appreciate it.