making default value of criteria in marking guide as zero

making default value of criteria in marking guide as zero

by shiva k -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

Is there anyway to to make default value appear as zero in marking guide (quiz->advanced grading)?

I desperately need this as teachers are not allowed to partially mark the assignment and leave rest. It is not allowing unless they mark all questions or at least mark zero to enable saving. 

Could some one help me to enable default zero marks in mark entry field of marking guide?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to shiva k

Re: making default value of criteria in marking guide as zero

by kris manohar -
Yes, I am having the same issue. Is this possible to have default mark of 0 per criterion?
In reply to shiva k

by Willie Smit -

I would also like to use such a feature. Otherwise, it should be possible to save partially graded marking guides.

In reply to Willie Smit

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't think you can get what you want if you don't have access to the site administration. You will therefore need the collaboration of your site administrator.

I see two ways of doing it. Either modify the question, which is perhaps the best solution but which I did not have time to study, or use a small script, a fairly simple solution.

Just place the script below in Site administration / Appearance / Additional HTML / Within HEAD.

Depending on the speed of your server and network, you may need to adjust, i.e. slightly increase the value "2000" in the script, which gives a delay of 2 seconds (2000 ms) for its execution. Indeed, the page has "popout's" which seem to slow down its loading (and do not seem to be very useful smile).

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js">
</script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
    if ($("body").is("#page-mod-assign-grader")) {
        setTimeout(function(){
           $("td.score input").each(function(){
                if ( $(this).attr("value") == "" ) {
                    $(this).attr("value","0");
                }
            });
        }, 2000);