how to for shared assignments?

how to for shared assignments?

by rj Ole -
Number of replies: 2
Hi< I am new to Moodle, have read the documentation and forum but am still confused. What do I need to do in order for students to be able to see the work of other student's assignments. They will upload an assignment, and I was hoping there would be a place where  the whole class can review the work of whole class.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?

TTHHAANNKK  YYOOUU in advance. smile
Average of ratings: -
In reply to rj Ole

Re: how to for shared assignments?

by Thomas Eibel -
Hi! If I want the whole class to see the work of all others, I use either a glossar (or a forum). To use these modules in a structured way, I tell the students how to describe/name their work in a way, that all the others can find content easily - it is also "part of the work" to do this correctly.
Grading of Forum and Glossar ist possible.
Don't know any other way, yet.
In reply to Thomas Eibel

Re: how to for shared assignments?

by Rick Barnes -

Workshops allow pupils to upload work and for peer and self assessment using pre defined mark schemes, puipils can also be marked ontheir assessments. However there are time limits that need to be set and I find that apart  from large assessment they are to much work for me to manage. A Workshop with manual control and the option to save and reuse marking criteria would be needed to make me use them more often.

I am looking into Using forums, There is the option foreach pupil to have their own discussion, the other pupils could then write constructive feedback and add grades, It would not be easy for you to collect all of the grades in though.

The other way is for pupils to just rate the submissions to the forum (use zip folders for assignments that need more than one file uploaded)

You could post an assessment guide with the assignment instructions.

Hope this helps.

Rick.