Abort a restore in process pending

Abort a restore in process pending

by Bernat Martinez -
Number of replies: 7

It seems that we have deleted a course while it was restore in process

Now at the restore in process  section it appears the "process pending" label and it blocks any other backup/restore action. 

Any hint how to abort the blocking restore in process pending

Attachment Captura de Pantalla 2020-09-09 a la(s) 17.38.10.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bernat Martinez

Re: Abort a restore in process pending

by Heather P -

Hi

Did you get to the bottom of this? Only one of my users has 5 restores stuck in a queue and I can't see them anywhere when I go in as an administrator and I need to stop them and get them out of the queue,

Any ideas how I find them and how I stop them as I was not the instigator I'm just the admin, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thank you

Heather

In reply to Heather P

by Marc Bernat Martínez -
Hi,
Moodle has not an option to cancel scheduled backups, in my case, I had to delete the backup's database register to cancel it.
The table where are the backup registers is called mdl_backup_controllers.
Then you have to delete it (DELETE * FROM mdl_backup_controllers WHERE backupid = {backup id to cancel}).
To know backup's id you have to inspect the progress bar HTML element.
Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Marc Bernat Martínez

by MEDIENFUX gGmbH -

Hi @Marc,

thanks for the hint ... could you please give me a step by step guide "how to delete scheduled backups" ... I am a DATABASEnoob and I do not wanna mess something up.

TNX from Peg

In reply to Heather P

by Beowulf Blockchain -
I have the same problem.
I need a way to see all running/pending backups in the system and a way to stop/cancel/abort them.
I'm using Moodle ver 3.9
In reply to Beowulf Blockchain

by Mohamed Herzallah -

I have the same problem.

Have any one have an obvious solution to it

In reply to Mohamed Herzallah

by Jim Johnson -
I just fixed *our* issue, which was the restore/backup/import/duplicate/whatever would stall/process pending only when we included questions & question banks in the backups/restore.

Once we stopped including the question banks, the backup & restore & import & duplicate functions worked perfectly.

It took me two days of reading many moodle posts to figure this out.

To stop the process pending, I went to moodledata/temp/ and deleted everything *mostly the backup folder* and in moodledata/lock/ deleted that folder, also purged all caches ; we restarted our server and killed the mysql connections, restarted again and waited 24 hours. We then went to admin/tools/scheduled tasks and admin/tasks running (admin/tool/task/runningtasks.php). I also ran from cli php admin/cli/adhoc_task.php --execute

The backups & restores with questions in them randomly finished incorrectly over the 24 hours by themselves and we no longer restore courses with question banks. It's a hassle but we download the .gfts and rebuild the quizzes each time.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jim Johnson

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

@Jim Johnson ...

First, congrats on solving!   Wow!
Don't mean to 'burst bubbles', but sounds like there is a serious
problem concerning quiz bank.

Suggest picking a non-prime time to run the Health Tool.
https://yoursite/admin/tool/health/

The above URL will run the tool without any prompt or option ... that's why non-prime time suggested.   Have no idea as to how intensive it might be.

It's not found in admin menus and it is not officially supported but it might provide some clues as well as SQL query fixes to quiz bank issues.   I too have seen quiz bank issues (not yours specifically) and the suggested fixes (DB queries run on DB for moodle) did resolve some issues.   Enough to fix some courses.

Good luck!

'SoS', Ken