External tool plugin: activity present in the gradebook but grades never appear.

External tool plugin: activity present in the gradebook but grades never appear.

by R.C. Ambrosio -
Number of replies: 8

Hello, I installed the nice organic chemistry OpenOChem plugin on Moodle. It is a external tool plugin and the instalations details can be sen on this link:

The plugin works very nice but when I create the activity (quiz, for example) and solve logged in as a student the grades never appear - sometimes the place for the grades in the grade book is highlighted in orange in the gradebook but the grades never appear. Not even that magnifying glass present next to any Moodle QUIZ score is present.

I tried several alternatives but I cannot see the grades in the gradebook. Both logged in as a teacher and logged in as a student, the gradebook only shows the place for the grades but empty.

Thank you very much for your help

In reply to R.C. Ambrosio

Re: External tool plugin: activity present in the gradebook but grades never appear.

by JF Dragon -
Hi Renato. No news about that problem? We notice the samething here. I try to figure out what happen.

Thanks
In reply to JF Dragon

Re: External tool plugin: activity present in the gradebook but grades never appear.

by Carl LeBlond -

Hi Guys - Seems to work fine in my tests.  Let me know what version of Moodle you all are using and I'll take a look.

Carl LeBlond

In reply to Carl LeBlond

by JF Dragon -
Hi Carl. Thanks for taking time to answer... Here we are on Moodle 3.8. BTW, I work with André Cyr that contact you last week ;)

JF
In reply to JF Dragon

by Carl LeBlond -
Hi JF,
I was not able to reproduce this error on Moodle38 . Grade transfer worked fine. That error comes from the LTI framework (Tsugi). Here is that code on github.
https://github.com/tsugiproject/tsugi/blob/401febcb05e0dd53adc06595f5e00ab5b0037515/vendor/tsugi/lib/src/Util/LTI.php#L520
I'll post something over at the tsugi dev forum and see what I can dig up.

In the meantime what is your server configuration? Linux or Windows server? My test was on Ubuntu 20 using php7.3, apache, mysql.

Carl
In reply to Carl LeBlond

by François Lizotte -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi,

Our organisation is hosting Jean-François' Moodle on Debian 10, PHP 7.3, Apache and MariaDB. But everythnig is behind HA Proxy. We also have this issue with another LTI provider on another site we are hosting with the same specs.

I'll ask out IT team to look at it.

François
In reply to François Lizotte

by Carl LeBlond -
Any antispam or antibot software running on that server?