Simple Video Lessons

Simple Video Lessons

by Justin Morris -
Number of replies: 8

I want to create simple video lessons within a course in which the video is full screen and can be easily paused and scrubbed. Then I would like to be able to move to the next video without leaving that page and at the end of a module have a quiz. Below is the look I am going for, is this possible with plugins?simple video

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Morris

Re: Simple Video Lessons

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm not sure what you are asking, is this about links to video hosted elsewhere (e.g. Youtube, Vimeo) or video you expect to upload yourself. This is not my area but people who do know about this will probably want an answer to that question.
In reply to Marcus Green

by Justin Morris -
I basically want to create a course with a layout that is similar to the screenshot I put in my original post. Video lessons that take the learner through a liner pathway with a simple, modern layout and look. After doing research I do see that there is a VideoTime plug in for Vimeo which is what we use a lot so that will probably be helpful. I'm hoping to use that and make this concept work.

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Justin,
don't know about the plugin you mention, but with the activity Column or Interactive Book from H5P you could quite achieve what you want to.

by C Behan -

Are your videos hosted on Vimeo?

If so, then put them in a playlist and embed. Instructions for embeddable playlists here: https://vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007991707-Embeddable-Playlists

In reply to C Behan

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Thanks for your post, C Behan. I have been using Vimeo this year, and you post is making me want to explore playlists, a feature that I have not used yet. I used to podcast my videos when I had a different video server, which went away, so maybe these playlists will be able to replace my podcasts.

Justin, I should mention that even though I can no longer "podcast" my videos, I do create an RSS feed for them, then put them into a Moodle RSS feed block. This lists the videos sequentially. Nope, no forward or backward buttons, but it does allow students to navigate to any released video.

Attachment RSS.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Brendon Hatcher -
Hi

I think you should approach the question in 2 parts.

Part 1 is "how do I create a linear navigation through a set of pages?" Probable answers are Book, Lesson, or another plugin
Part 2 is "how do I embed [insert video platform] videos in these pages?" The answer depends on the platform that you use.

In terms of platforms, you may want to make sure that you can mark the videos private on the platform (so that people can't access your content outside Moodle, and yet playable as embedded files in Moodle.

Regards
Brendon

by cyber sec -
I was able to do that with my videos stored in box.com. Box.com creates some html code to embed the video.

Then just create a page, and put the html code in that.

To see this work. You can go to my site: https://cyberseczone.net. Register for the free CySA+ course. And watch the videos under the introduction section.

by SYLLA Yacouba -

HI M Morris,

You can use the plugin simple lesson to achieve that.

I'm customizing it to build something like that. This plugin is very simple. 

Attachment screenshot.png