Does anyone know how to do a feedback file?

av matt sharp -
Antall svar: 4

Hello,

I have students obviously and I would like the parents to be able to log in under the studen's user s name and see the feedback about the lesson.

There doesn;t seem to be a place where I can do that.  I have a "notes" section for myself as admin but that's no use as only I can see it.    Uploading a file in the student;s account is no good either as i might as well send a word document on skype or by email.

I would like for a parent to be able to login and read about my impression about that student's lesson.

Where coudl I store this?

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til matt sharp

av Joost Elshoff -
Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Testers
Hi Matt,

Have you had a look at the Parent role described in the Moodle Docs? https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Parent_role

In this role, a parent is able to see some of the bits his/her child (the student) has created in Moodle.

Another question I had: should the student also be able to see the feedback you gave, or is this just a report 'About the student' for Parents' eyes only?
Som svar til matt sharp

Re: Does anyone know how to do a feedback file?

av AL Rachels -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Testers
I think it might be possible to do what you want with the Journal plugin. You would just need to have the student make an initial entry, then you can provide feedback to them and add to it as many times as you want. You could also use the Diary plugin, which is currently awaiting approval. It works like Journal does but with the added capability of starting a new entry every calendar day. (Note that I am the Diary developer.)

You could also use the Dialogue plugin which is acts basically like an email system. The advantage here is that the teacher can send feedback at any time and not have to have something from the student first. Downside is that with Dialogue, students can write to each other unless you go to the trouble of changing the permissions so that students can only write or reply, to the teacher.
Som svar til AL Rachels

av matt sharp -
Hi ! Thank you both for your answers. I've found a way.

I created a new Topic and just registered one student in it, Then I made a file where I can write things.

That's the thing with Moodle though, in essence a great idea but man do they make it complicated ! In fact, it's a step beyond complicated ; it's uninstinctive. The slightest thing is hidden in submenus containing functions I'm sure no one has ever used. Plus it seems there are different Moodles depending on when you registered.

Anyway, thanks a lot !
Som svar til matt sharp

av Brendon Hatcher -
Hi Matt

The main reason for the user interface complexity is the fact that Moodle works in so many ways for so many different educational scenarios.
Whenever I find myself getting really frustrated by the complexity, I remind myself that the complexity is what makes Moodle so powerful.
Of course, there are still ways that the user interface could be improved smiler

Regards
Brendon
Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (2)