Can"t remove plugins

Can"t remove plugins

by Irith Herman -
Number of replies: 6

I use new moodle 3.9.1 when I try to remove a plugin I got this error: 

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Irith Herman

Re: Can"t remove plugins

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
To the first question: You mean, the error occurs when you try to delete a plug-in through the web GUI? For that the running web server (Apache, Nginx, IIS, ...) need write permission in certain parts of the Moodle code directory. I never do that, the idea that a web application can change its own code scares me. It you want to go that path, there must be documentation in Moodle Docs.

To the second question: The ErrorDocument comes from the web server itself, not from the application (Moodle). Still, could you describe your platform (LAMP, LEMP, WAMP, ...) with versions and how exactly you installed Moodle, ref. to your tutorial?

Are you sure that the installation is clean? What about Invalid component used in plugin/component_callback():quizaccess_safebrowser?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

תשובה ל: Re: Can"t remove plugins

by Irith Herman -
Thank you
I'm really desperate

I got this error Invalid component used in plugin/component_callback():quizaccess_safebrowser so I'm trying to remove the plugin threw moodle plugin manager and I got this error.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I checked the permissions of the folders and everything is fine.

I installed 3.9.1 on linox via cpanel and restored 110 courses from another moodle that was 3.7.

In reply to Irith Herman

Re: תשובה ל: Re: Can"t remove plugins

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The 403 error is a configuration error on your server - which isn't encouraging at all. It's nothing to do with this though.

Can we get a screen shot of the error message?

Please turn on Debugging in Moodle and try again. Are there additional messages?

I'm expecting you installed Moodle using some installer script supplied by your hosting? If so, we don't know what these do - you might want to get your host's support involved.
In reply to Irith Herman

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I understand. As long as you refuse to answer questions, the desperation will continue.

Hint: You can easily isolate the questions by following the question marks backward, I mean towards left in left-to-right languages.

And repeating a question you posted in the quiz forum here is not going to help either. And why highlighting it in bold? I could read the original post and posted a reply there.
sad
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

תשובה ל: Re: Can"t remove plugins

by Irith Herman -
my web server is Apache and the platforma is Cpanel .
i did a clean installation.I"m doing a lot of installation and upgrades , its nor my first time.
and I never had this erroes.
In reply to Irith Herman

by Bhanuka Weerasekara -
Hi, did you resolve this error? If so, can you please tell us how you managed to it?

I am also facing the same problem when trying to uninstalling a plugin.