Moodle doesn't record cmi.core.total_time in Chrome and Chrome based Edge for Articulate Storyline SCORM content

Moodle doesn't record cmi.core.total_time in Chrome and Chrome based Edge for Articulate Storyline SCORM content

by Zoran Jančić -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I just realised that Moodle doesn't record cmi.core.total_time in Chrome and Chrome based Edge for Articulate Storyline SCORM 1.2 content. It works fine in Firefox. I applied module.js patch for Chrome 80 issue but it didn't help. Anyone else noticed that?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zoran Jančić

Re: Moodle doesn't record cmi.core.total_time in Chrome and Chrome based Edge for Articulate Storyline SCORM content

by Zoran Jančić -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I noticed that the problem happens only when I set "Launch in a new window" in Articulate Storyline. The reason I'm not using Moodle's new window option is because it doesn't work very well with Articulate courses on different screen sizes and different devices.
In reply to Zoran Jančić

Re: Moodle doesn't record cmi.core.total_time in Chrome and Chrome based Edge for Articulate Storyline SCORM content

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I haven't heard of this before - although I'd reccomend testing this on a more recent supported release - just to make sure it's not something specific to your custom old version of Moodle.

There are still some known issues related to the new security settings in Moodle with SCORM - there's another patch incoming in MDL-68896 that could also be related.