Editing teacher, selfenrolment, group and privacy

Editing teacher, selfenrolment, group and privacy

by Rui Alberto -
Number of replies: 3

Hello. 
I need editing teachers, assigned to their own group within a course to be able to help in the self-enrolment of students to their specific group.

I have a moodle site (3.9) with several courses.
Within each course I have several groups.
Each editing teacher is assigned to a specific group.
I want the students to be able to self-enrol to a specific group.

According to this https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Enrolment_key
Self-enrolment is enabled
"Use group enrolment keys" is set toYes

I added the group enrolment key.

But now, every editing teacher has tha ability to see and edit each group within the course.

Following https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Capabilities/moodle/site:accessallgroups

I changed moodle/site:accessallgroups to not allowed.

But every editing teacher still has the ability to see and edit the groups within the course.

When I block moodle/course:managegroups each editing teacher loses the ability to edit his won group (and to generate his own keys for the students to selfenro in the group).

Any help will be very welcome

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rui Alberto

Re: Editing teacher, selfenrolment, group and privacy

by Stacy Black -
Did you use a different enrollment key for each group?
In reply to Stacy Black

by Rui Alberto -
Not yet.
The editing teachers accounts are created and also the different groups assigned to each teacher.
I was only doing tests with ficticious accounts.
When a teacher makes the enrolment key for his group and a slef-enrolled student uses such key, everythong is OK.
The problem is that each teacher has the ability to edit and manage every group  within the course
Editing teacher manages group
In reply to Rui Alberto

by Stacy Black -
I do not see this as a problem. The teachers are editing teachers after all. As long as the students are in the correct group all is good. If a student is in the wrong group at least the teacher can correct it. Sorry I am of no help.