Time and a half on quizzes

Time and a half on quizzes

Rebecca Trump tomonidan -
Number of replies: 5

Moodle version 3.8

Many of my students are allowed time and a half (i.e., 50% extra time) on "quizzes". I know I can go in and manually grant each of these students this extra time on each quiz, but it looks like this is going to amount to over a hundred instances in one of my classes. That's very laborious. Instead, I'd love for Moodle to create a way for me to allow specific students 1.5x time on all quizzes. 

I'm told this doesn't exist and that my best options are to do it manually for each student for each quiz or to elect to give these students "unlimited time", since this is possible to do at the student level. But, I'd like something more efficient than the former and the latter does not accurately reflect what these students are entitled to.

I'd love it if this is possible!

Rebecca

O'rtacha reytinglar: -
In reply to Rebecca Trump

Re: Time and a half on quizzes

Rick Jerz tomonidan -
Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Testers rasmi
Rebecca, let me ask you an interesting question. Why not give all students 50% more time? In other words, if this is a one-hour exam, make it be 90 minutes for everyone. Then you wouldn't have to mess around with any exceptions.
In reply to Rebecca Trump

Dominique Bauer tomonidan -
Documentation writers rasmi Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Plugin developers rasmi

Hello Rebecca,

While Rick's suggestion is excellent, you could also create two groups, "Regular students" and "Students with time and a half". (Participants / ⚙ (gear icon) / Groups / Create goups)

In the quiz settings, set different access restrictions for the two groups. (Edit settings / Restrict access / Add restriction...)

For a three hour exam starting at 1:30 p.m., the settings should look like this:

Formulas_20200903_2245.png

See Restrict access settings ↗ for more details.

In reply to Dominique Bauer

Rick Jerz tomonidan -
Particularly helpful Moodlers rasmi Testers rasmi
Be careful naming groups with this approach. Students can see group names, so if you called a group "Accessibility" you might be violating FERPA rules, if they apply to your school.

MDL-68093 has been created to address this problem. Vote for it if you think it applies.