Submit Database information to AWS Lambda function

Re: Submit Database information to AWS Lambda function

by ALEXANDER WILKE -
Number of replies: 0
Thanks guys for the help! Looking back now, I had no idea at all what I was doing haha.
After the last week, I've been doing some really deep diving into moodles apis and some of the core modules. I can say that there's quite a bit to learn!

I managed to get a callback working by creating my own local plugin, which listens for the quiz_submission event from the quiz module. It works, and triggers successfully!

However, now I would like to get an audio recording file from the moodle database which is saved in the 'essay' type question from the quiz module.
I've just been learning a lot about how all the pieces work together, and it's quite confusing. Basically, I'm trying to use the File API now to get a URL which I will send to my lambda function running on AWS. I need to get the file from moodles database to lamda, so I'm using the python requests module to download it from the moodle generate link using the pluginfile.php script.

I'm just having a big of trouble right now getting the right URL for the file.
I want to only get files which have been 'unmarked'. I'm using the question_attempt_steps table to determine the question state.
I also know that I need the context ID, so somehow I need to get this. I already know which file_area and component name I need use.

Any advice on what other info I might need, and how I could get it?