3.9.1 Upgrade - File Picker/upload and Site Admin Save Issues

3.9.1 Upgrade - File Picker/upload and Site Admin Save Issues

by Mary Taylor -
Number of replies: 1

Since our upgrade from 3.8 to 3.9.1 I have been unable to add files to the system in various places.  For example, adding a SCORM activity - when I try to drag-and-drop the Zip file I see a circle/slash as if it is not a valid file type.  When I drop the file to the page, Chrome downloads the file to my downloads folder.  I've tried other browsers and get similar behavior.  When I try to use file picker to accomplish the same SCORM upload task, the window opens but then I just get the spinning icon.  This happens in other areas like trying to modify theme settings - trying to add a .jpg to a theme using file picker or drag-and-drop methods do not work.

I've tried to turn on debugging and this is where I run into a second issue - changes I try to make in Site Administration do not save.  Debugging is one example.  It is currently set to NONE, when I make any other selection and click Save changes it reverts back to NONE.  Similar behavior with modifying theme settings - try to change any setting - check or uncheck a box, it acts as if I am not logged in as admin and rejects the changes.  I am, however, able to apply plug-ins - for some reason dragging a zip file to that page works.  I can change a theme, but once it is set I can't further configure its settings.

So I am very stuck since I cannot even turn debugging on to see an error message.  

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Taylor

Re: 3.9.1 Upgrade - File Picker/upload and Site Admin Save Issues

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Add the following lines to your config.php file to turn on debugging:

// Force a debugging mode regardless the settings in the site admin
@error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
@ini_set('display_errors', '1');
$CFG->debug = (E_ALL | E_STRICT);
$CFG->debugdisplay = 1;