moodledata folder in mount disk

moodledata folder in mount disk

by Anonymous User -
Number of replies: 7

Hello,

I have installed moodle on centos and works fine. I mounted another disk because of low free space and transfered moodledata on. It have path /run/media/root/moodle

I allways get error Fatal error: $CFG->dataroot is not configured properly, directory does not exist or is not accessible! Exiting.

Folder premissions are te same as ex folder so are good.

$CFG->dataroot = '/run/media/root/moodle';

is this ok? or i need someting to change because is mounted disk? www folder and datafolder are not in the samedisk.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anonymous User

Re: moodledata folder in mount disk

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What does

ls -l /run/media/root/moodle
produce?

On another matter, if that mounted disk isn't fast (and they usually are not) you will see your Moodle performance degrade markedly. You probably also need to set up a cache server (e.g. Redis)
In reply to Howard Miller

Odg: Re: moodledata folder in mount disk

by Anonymous User -
i get moodledata folder

Re: Odg: Re: moodledata folder in mount disk

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I want to see the output please? smile
In reply to Howard Miller

Odg: Re: Odg: Re: moodledata folder in mount disk

by Anonymous User -

Here

Attachment img.jpg

Re: Odg: Re: Odg: Re: moodledata folder in mount disk

by Howard Miller -
In which case

$CFG->dataroot = "/run/media/root/moodle/moodledata";

You missed the moodledata off the end

Re: Odg: Re: Odg: Re: moodledata folder in mount disk

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Pardon intrusion ... but a question for 'Anonymous' ... I see 'thinclient_drives' in the screen shot.   Is server from a distro from what was called "LightWeight Terminal Services Project" which distributed a Linux OS with a Moodle pre-installed for schools?

If Howard's suggest works .. then ok ... but I see the path /run/media/root/ ... is 'root' the root user or root users desktop?   The error you are getting suggest 2 possible reasons ... not found is one ... access denied is the other which would probably be accurate if 'root' seen in path is the 'root' user of the server.

From terminal, issue: df -h (disk free -human) to see how server drive is partitioned along with any mounted data drives/devices.

On LTSP servers, those partioned the server drive making /home/ the largest ... had the most space.   Can re-call assisting some schools who used LTSP distro in moving their moodledata to /home/ where there was enough room.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Odg: Re: Odg: Re: Odg: Re: moodledata folder in mount disk

by Anonymous User -
SOLUTION: mount options need to be set as Mounted at /mnt/sdb2 and not automatic default mounted at /run/media/root/moodle

Thank you all for ansfers