Messaging errors

Messaging errors

by DaVinci Menno -
Number of replies: 2

Dear Moodlers!

Since our upgrade to Moodle 3.8.3, the messaging system displays more than one ''Delete''-buttons (in the screen shown by the Dutch translation ''verwijder''). The first two do not work at all.
Furthermore, it isn't possible to ''hide'' the messaging navbar after you have opened it. I have to click on the home-button to get rid of it.

Is there a way to get rid of the two abundant buttons and can I add a ''close''-button in this messaging navbar?

Thanks!

messaging in moodle 3.8.3

Average of ratings: -
In reply to DaVinci Menno

Messaging errors

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Menno,

From the screenshot I gather you're not using Boost but another theme (can't tell which one though). Have you checked whether the same behavior appears if you view the page in Boost or Classic for your session (by adding ?theme=boost, &theme=boost to the URL, <== this has to have been enabled by your admin though).

Another thing to give a go: if you're an admin, have you tried purging caches yet? Site admin > Development > Purge caches, this may help you get rid of the extra 'Verwijder' buttons.

Also, I understand where you're coming from: the only way to close the Messaging bar, is by clicking the Messaging icon in the top bar of the interface.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Messaging errors

by DaVinci Menno -
Hi Joost,

Thank you for your replay and sorry for the delay..
We are using the Adaptable theme.
I did what you suggested and changed the theme to Boost (classic), which solved the problem.
Glad to know the root of the problem.

Thanks a lot for thinking along!

Kind regards,

Menno