Can I Backup and Import Announcements into Other Courses

by Juan F -
Number of replies: 5

Greetings everyone!  I have about 30 announcements that are scheduled in advance in each course.  I teach 5 courses.  This means that I have to copy/paste the HTML for the 30 announcements 150 times.  It's tiring.  Is there a way to backup announcements from a course, import them into another, then edit the scheduled dates?  I really appreciate your time!

Juan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan F

Re: Can I Backup and Import Announcements into Other Courses

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I don't know of any way, but let's see what others might say.

I think what you (and I) would like to ideally have is some kind of drag and drop of posts, which doesn't exist in Moodle (yet.)  I can envision dragging and dropping a post and then being asked "Do you want to Move of Copy?" And "Only this post or all subsequent replies?"

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Juan F -
Would be nice. Thanks for chiming in. Many of my faculty are asking for the same thing. We're all tired of copying/pasting 30+ times and it's even more tiresome if you teach multiple courses. Juan
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan F

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I assume you are using Forum? Not to my knowledge. At my school, we used to use forums, but my teachers had the same complain, so we switched to putting our announcements into a Google Slide, and the teachers use the same Google Slide in the majority of their courses. They continue to use the forum announcements only for course-content specific communication.
In reply to Juan F

by Ulrike Albers -
Hello, I know this is old but it might be helpful for others: what I do is export the whole forum with users when there are no students yet (or from a test course where I first post the messages) and then restore the forum with user data to the other course(s).
I add that it might be really useful to have a feature "import forum posts" from a CSV, since Moodle now has the export feature.