How to actually remove Content Bank?

How to actually remove Content Bank?

by Aaron Batty -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, folks.

Moodle 3.9.1+, recently upgraded from 3.1.5 (!).

There is a 0% chance of us using H5P content, and I have disabled "Content Bank" in the repositories section. However, it still shows up in the Boost navigation drawer menu. Clicking on it still brings the empty box up.

How do you actually remove this? It's clearly still running, else that nav drawer wouldn't actually go anywhere.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aaron Batty

Re: How to actually remove Content Bank?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Aaron,

How about removing the capability to access the content bank for the role of teacher, then only admins will see the link.

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Aaron Batty -

Ooooo, sneaky!

I'll give it a shot!

Thanks!

In reply to Aaron Batty

by Aaron Batty -
Yup; that did it!

I turned off "Allow" on "Access the content bank" for Teachers, Course Creators, and Managers just so I wouldn't have to see it again (left it on for Admin so that I also don't forget it exists, in case I want to use it later!).

Thanks!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aaron Batty

Re: How to actually remove Content Bank? [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Aaron, good to hear that removing the capability works!