I enabled self-enrollment but when I send the course link to new users they are asked to log in with username and password!

I enabled self-enrollment but when I send the course link to new users they are asked to log in with username and password!

by Ahmad Amer -
Number of replies: 6

Salam,

I enabled self-enrollment but when I send the course link to new users they are asked to log in with username and password! There is nothing there to allow them self-register.

What am I missing?

Attachment Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 8.16.56 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: I enabled self-enrollment but when I send the course link to new users they are asked to log in with username and password!

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Did you create the new user in the LMS? Providing a student with a course link does not skip the authentication step. Even if a student has a valid, current enrollment they have to authenticate (login) to the LMS.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: I enabled self-enrollment but when I send the course link to new users they are asked to log in with username and password!

by Ahmad Amer -
How to create a new user in the LMS?

Where is it in Moodle?

Thanks.

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Ahmad Amer -

How to create a new user with only four fields (WITHOUT email):

First and last name

Username 

Password 

Teacher’s name

In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you want students to be able to self-register, you need to enable Email-based self-registration. It's not possible for users to have an account in Moodle without an email address.

PS If you are new to Moodle admin, you may find it useful to read our Admin quick guide.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Ahmad Amer -

Thanks a lot.

Many of my students are young and do not have emails. Is it possible to give them all one email (my email) so that I do the confirmation for them!

General question: How can I make my LMS accept duplicate emails?

In reply to Ahmad Amer

Re: creating accounts for users who don't have email

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Moodle won't accept duplicate emails, as each account must have a unique email address, however please see the documentation No email for possible solutions.