Pattern match with molecular editor - "words are not in our diccionary"?

Pattern match with molecular editor - "words are not in our diccionary"?

by Burkhard Wilmers -
Number of replies: 8

I am using Moodle 3.8.3 with "qtype_pmatchjme". After defining the question and my answer

match (CC\(=O\)O)

I get the error message: The following words are not in our dictionary: CC(=O)O. Please correct your spelling.

How can I fix this? (xml file attached)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Burkhard Wilmers

Re: Pattern match with molecular editor - "words are not in our diccionary"?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Ah! that's a bug. Obviously this question type (which is based on pattern-match) should not be invoking the spell-checking.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Burkhard Wilmers -
Thank you, Tim.
So, is there anything I can do to make this question type working?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
A bug fix is being developed. The patch we are currently testing looks like https://gist.github.com/timhunt/fc3f0850e4ba943b0093a46cb9e78d0a. Hopefully we can get that verified and released soon.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Burkhard Wilmers -
Thank you, Tim.
In my opinion this question type seems to be very useful for organic chemistry. So, I am looking forward to the new release.

by Tim Hunt -
OK, version with bug fix pushed to https://moodle.org/plugins/qtype_pmatchjme
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Burkhard Wilmers -
Wonderful, Tim!
Sorry, I couldn't find an "Uninstall" routine next to "qtype_pmatchjme" on the "Plugins overview" page, bevor I install the new version. I don't have access to uninstall manually. Is there another way?

by Tim Hunt -
You should not uninstall (it won't let you uninstall because you have questions of that type).

You should just be able to upgrade to the new version.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Burkhard Wilmers -
Thank you so much, Tim!
Now the question type is working perfectly!
What a beautiful and powerful tool for Organic Chemistry. I wish I had that when I was a student. Much more fun than drawing with pencil - and with automatic feedback (if question is configured correctly).
Average of ratings: Useful (2)