Formula question type - Radio buttons - Several choices - full mark with one right answer???

Formula question type - Radio buttons - Several choices - full mark with one right answer???

by Butbi Pham -
Number of replies: 5

Moodle 3.9.1

I have searched for possible solutions for multiple answers without penalty and come to the Formula question type -  Radio buttons - Several choices. However if the students choose all buttons at one right answer they will get the full mark.

Sample: Radio buttons - Several choices --> If I choose 3 time "Earth" I will get 3 out of 3

Can we set that only answer per row?

Thank you for any hint.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Butbi Pham

Re: Formula question type - Radio buttons - Several choices - full mark with one right answer???

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Butpi,

You are right, this example is not good enough. I suggest that you use a different type of question in the meantime.
In reply to Dominique Bauer

Re: Formula question type - Radio buttons - Several choices - full mark with one right answer???

by Butbi Pham -
Thank you for your reply.
Can you suggest a question type which can fulfill the purpose. I think a similar solution as Essay Question Type (limitation number of checked boxes) will fit but don't know how to apply to the multiple choice.
In reply to Butbi Pham

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Butbi,

While the multiple choice question functionality of the Formulas question is convenient, this is not what sets it apart from other question types. With a bit of JavaScript you can do some interesting things, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

I have searched for possible solutions for multiple answers without penalty...
In fact, I don't quite understand what you are looking for. I would advise you to carefully study all the possibilities offered by the Multiple Choice question type ↗ and the All or nothing multiple choice question type ↗. smile

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Butbi Pham -
Hi Dominique,

Actually, I am also thinking about using javascript to limit the number of choices as I saw the sample of Essay question type. Can we give the max number of choices and when the students choose more the Javascript (jQuery) will give the warning, reset all checked boxes and hide the Submit button?
Sorry, I am not so good at Javascript. Thank you.
In reply to Butbi Pham

by Dominique Bauer -
Hello Butbi,

It is probably possible to do so. However, it still takes a little while to develop. I suggest that you explore the different possibilities of the various existing question types. smile