MOODLE pages jambled up

MOODLE pages jambled up

by Raphael Muonga -
Number of replies: 2

I played around the PHP version update for MOODLE 3.1 to run PHP 7.0 , I think it was running on PHP 5.6 earlier on and possibly I have not activated all the necessary PHP Extensions. Now I am having queer pages and the Site Administration link is not active as a link. I reverted to PHP 5.6 but still no good at all.

Can you help me on how resolve this problem?

Which PHP Extensions should activate for MOODLE 3.1 ? Since Site Administration link isnt working , I cannot get into MOOODLE Environment to check what modules are not being installed.

Kind regards

Raphael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raphael Muonga

Re: MOODLE pages jambled up

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What does "queer pages" mean? (screen dump?)

A missing extension is likely to result in a distinct error message or a completely blank page.
In reply to Raphael Muonga

Re: MOODLE pages jambled up

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I expected https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Installing_Moodle to list the PHP modules it needs. Apparently it doesn't.

I don't have a 3.1 at hand, here are the ones from a 3.5: iconv, mbstring, curl, openssl, tokenizer, xmlrpc, soap, ctype, zip, zlib, gd, simplexml, spl, pcre, dom, xml, xmlreader, intl, json, hash and fileinfo - must ones.