Integration questions

Re: New Virtual Programming Lab (VPL) module

by Juan Carlos Rodríguez-del-Pino -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Naveendurai K.
I will try to answer your five questions.
Q1) while accessing moodle VPL from mobile ,we are not able to get the input to the console window ,as mobile keypad is not allowed to type in the console(We tried using virtual keypad in console window of VPL).plz suggest a solution for it.
A1) There are known issues with the use of VPL on mobile and there is not a good solution. Try using virtual keyboards for programmers e.g. "CodeBoard".
Q2) We tried to use Spring core,JDBC.Any ways to add jar files???
A2) From VPL 3.3.7 you can easily use Java jar files. Drop/import the jar file into "execution files" and add it to the "Files to keep when running".
Q3) Any plans of adding multi language drop downs for selection in VPL editor.
A3) We think that the selection of programming language is a teacher's duty. We are not planning to add this feature. But if the teachers do not set requested files and programming language, the student can select default language using the appropriate file extension.
Q4) How to autoevaluate Web programs like javascript,html,css,Servlets and jsp
A4) By default VPL does not support evaluating these web languages. If you use any tool to evaluate/test these languages outside VPL you can try to use these tools inside VPL.
Q5) So far we are running SQL courses using SQLite.But we prefer using Mysql/oracle how to test it ?
A5) I don't have an answer to this question. The use of Mysql/oracle from VPL requires the installation and administration of that DBs and that is outside of the VPL scope.

Best regards,
Juan Carlos.

In reply to Juan Carlos Rodríguez-del-Pino

by Naveendurai K -
hi juan
thanks for your reply
Q4) How to autoevaluate Web programs like javascript,html,css,Servlets and jsp
A4) By default VPL does not support evaluating these web languages. If you use any tool to evaluate/test these languages outside VPL you can try to use these tools inside VPL.

Kindly suggest if any tools available to autoevaluate web programming outside to be used/integrated inside VPL?

My opinion is we can have that UI in coding page ,which a teacher can mark the language for question and the students can have that language editor with a template for the selected language.
Let us know if it is possible plz
In reply to Naveendurai K

by Juan Carlos Rodríguez-del-Pino -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Naveendurai K.

Sorry, but I don't know a good tool for Web programming testing suitable to be integrated into VPL.

I don't fully understand this paragraph

"My opinion is we can have that UI in coding page ,which a teacher can mark the language for question and the students can have that language editor with a template for the selected language."

Please, write an example to try to understand the idea.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos.