34 issues have been successfully integrated with 1 rejected and 21 delayed. That's 97% success, (almost) perfection exists!
- This week has been the first one already working with MOODLE_310_STABLE, actively integrating and testing issues and, ultimately, rolling all the changes upstream (moodle.git).
- Remember that MOODLE_310_STABLE is a development branch, that will become stable in November 2020, with the release of Moodle 3.10. Then, MOODLE_311_STABLE will be created (branching from 3.10), also being a development branch, and becoming stable in May 2021, with the release of Moodle 3.11.
- Together with the 2 branches above, in parallel, and incorporating all the stuff from them, master will be getting all the expected features needed for the Moodle 4.0 release (November 2021).
- So, at all effects, we are already under a parallel development period, right now with 310 and master already diverged and each one following their own path to release. Here there are some particularities / rules coming with the parallel stuff:
- All branches from now on (> 39) will be 3-digits instead of current 2-digits. So 3.10 is 310, 3.11 will be 311, 4.0 => 400, 4.1 => 401... and so on.
- The versions in the parallel branches cannot overlap. So, 310 will get versions (and upgrade steps) using current dates (like master used to)... but that implies that all those dates are "reserved", hence master has been already bumped to 20210525 (2 weeks after the 3.11 release), and we must apply for last-digit increments only in that branch (until the parallel development period ends, with the release of 3.11).
- All the stuff integrated to 310 (and 311) must be integrated also to master.
- upgrade.txt notes will point always to the initial version getting the change, being documented with that version in all the development branches.
- Over the next weeks, we'll be automatically porting stuff between the 2 branches, but after a point (to be decided) it will be required to provide fixes for both branches.
- While various tools have been already updated (Tracker, CI tools, basic checks...) to support the parallel development, there are a lot more to get verified and modified. You can see how all the changes to those related tools are being performed in the Parallel development epic.
- MDL-69273 : Fixed a recent regression causing travis to pass phpunit failed builds..
- MDL-68683 : Fixed DML exception on upgrade when cleaning up old competencies stuff.
- MDL-61215 : Support SVG image in user profiles and badges.
- And lots more in areas like installation, content banks, dashboard, course...
- To the trees, with their branches and leaves, so green, so fresh. Life, as we known it, wouldn't be the same without you, thanks!
If you're not a tree hugger, then you're a what, a tree hater?
-- Douglas Coupland