Design Workshop 1: Navigation for Moodle 4.0

Design Workshop 1: Navigation for Moodle 4.0

by Barbara Ramiro -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Moodle HQ team

Hi everyone,

Last Thursday, the UX team facilitated a design workshop to kick off the navigation project for Moodle 4.0. It included 10 participants with varying roles from the LMS, App and Workplace teams. The workshop focused on two teacher user flows: the flow leading to the course creation steps starting from the landing page, and the path to navigate from one course to another. Both the Site Home and the Dashboard were considered as potential landing pages. Participants were also asked to consider the flows for new and existing Moodle installations (zero vs. non-zero states).

The workshop was a success, and the UX team is thankful to each participant for their input.

Here is the collaboration board used during the workshop:
Teacher & Student - Primary & Secondary Nav & Create Course

Cheers,

Barbara and the UX team

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara Ramiro

Re: Design Workshop 1: Navigation for Moodle 4.0

by Nathan Lind -
May I be added to a group so I may subscribe to posts in this forum? Very much interested in UX discussions after 14 years working with Moodle in a college/university setting.
Thanks,
Nathan
In reply to Nathan Lind

Re: Subscribing to forums

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Moodle HQ team

Thanks Nathan for your interest in UX discussions! You should be able to subscribe to all forums in the course (as listed in the forums index) without needing to be added to a group.

by Tobias Sanders -
Hi there,

in my opinion the theme „boost campus“ in conjunction with the plugin „boost navigation fumbling“ (both by Uni Ulm) have some interesting options regarding a better moodle navigation.  

Perhaps these options can be taken into account when thinking about a better navigation in Moodle.

Cheers
Tobias
In reply to Tobias Sanders

by Przemek Kaszubski -

+1

Boost Campus has the absolutely simple yet brilliant feature of clearly displaying an alert across the top of the course page that the course is hidden from students. Moodle can be quite inconsistent in what kinds of alerts it displays and for whom, and they can spare a lot of needless clicking if used well.

Another thing I've always liked about, this time, the Fordson theme is how the "Turn editing on" button (or whatever button or toggle we decide to keep for the teachers) stays at the top of the page no matter how far down the page I have to scroll AND how it does not cause  the page to re-load absolutely on a click, but simply returns to the position I was at when I clicked. So useful for editing long courses.

Regards to the Team.

Przemek

by Rodolfo Orjuela -

Hello barbara, 

I would like to participate in the navigation project for Moodle 4.0. thank you for inviting me to future design workshops.

Greetings, Rodolfo Orjuela