"String Identifier" to customise Forum post email

"String Identifier" to customise Forum post email

by Wesley Eccles -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

Does any one know the "String Identifier" in "language customization" to customise the email that is sent when a new forum message is posted?

Thanks in advance

smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wesley Eccles

Re: "String Identifier" to customise Forum post email

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Wesley,

Can you explain what exactly you want to change in the forum post notification email, as some bits are controlled by admin settings.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Wesley Eccles -

Hi Helen,

I know that and i am an Admin.

Do you happen to know what the "String Identifier" is for forum post notification email?

Thanks.

In reply to Wesley Eccles

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It seems that the forum post notification email is made up of several language strings. For example, the phrase 'See this post in context' has string identifier postincontext.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Wesley Eccles -

Yeah, I had a noticed that, but there has to be maybe a master string that puts all the strings together. 🤔

Thanks for the input, ill keep looking.