ERROR: You need to create the directory /home/moodledata with web server write access

ERROR: You need to create the directory /home/moodledata with web server write access

by Daniele Giunta -
Number of replies: 7
Hi everybody,
when I was creating a quiz, I get this error " ERROR: You need to create the directory /home/moodledata with web server write access"
What dose it means??

Warning: mkdir() failed (No such file or directory) in c:\easyphp\www\moodle\lib\moodlelib.php on line 1002
Thankyou for help
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniele Giunta

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: ERROR: You need to create the directory /home/moodledata with web server write access

by Patrik Nilsson -

As Tracey says it all dependce on what system you got and what access you have to change things.. If you rent a webspace you might not have access to put this folder outside of the website, but it works to have the folder under your webspace too, just a little less secure but you still would need set the permissions on the folder..
Also don't forget to put the correct path to this folder in your config file.

In reply to Patrik Nilsson

Re: ERROR: You need to create the directory /home/moodledata with web server write access

by Daniele Giunta -
Thank you Tracey and Patrik.
The problem was on my computer!!
The problem was just the directory "moodledata\1"  that it was not created; and the path in config.php.
Now it works well
Thakyou again
Dan

by Nitaq Telecom -

Hi All,

I need your help .. I am receiving the same erro message (write access error to the moodle data file), but I am using Yahoo hosting.

I don't have access to the C drive, so do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Ahmed

by Durgesh Patil -
Hello,

Can't we set the path of moodledata directory in the config.php file '/home/user/public_html/moodledata' and create the directory there?

I think it should work. Isn't it?

In reply to Durgesh Patil

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No, you should create the folder yourself, and chown it to belong to the web server. That way is more secure.