Course complition issue in Chrome!!

Course complition issue in Chrome!!

by Vikas Negi -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All,

I am using Moodle 2.7.1 & PHP 5.6 versions in my application. This application is used by whole company approx 40K users. Suddenly we encountered completion and resume issues in Chrome browser . I checked in moodle support & found that there is an issue related to "Disallow sync XHR in page dismissal". Some people suggested to upgrade PHP & moodle to the latest versions but it seems to be impossible to update the versions right now as it require lot of efforts. We are getting this issue in PROD application so won't be able to take any step. Can someone please help me to resolve this issue?    ,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vikas Negi

Re: Course complition issue in Chrome!!

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
as I mention in https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=408701#p1649026 There really is no other valid option - you need to upgrade Moodle or migrate your content to a new Moodle site running a recent supported release.

If you can't upgrade Moodle yourself, you could ask your users to access your site using Internet Explorer 11 or lower, but you really just need to upgrade your site.

Also - Please don't create "new" threads - just add any further information to your existing posts.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Course complition issue in Chrome!!

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Just to echo what Dan is saying here - in theory you could go carefully through the code and apply all the relevant fixes from the latest version of Moodle. But that is a) going to involve a lot more time and effort than simply upgrading to the latest version of Moodle b) not going to address any other security fixes that you are missing and c) likely to introduce bugs that you will need to resolve (as the fixes may rely on bits of code that are present in the later versions of Moodle, but not in your version and they may also use bits of syntax that are only available in PHP 7.0 and above).

Upgrading Moodle isn't usually that complicated to do - it will require upgrading to a higher version of PHP and deploying a couple of intermediate versions of Moodle (as you can't jump direct from 2.7 to 3.9), but it's going to be a lot less painful than all your users having to deal with these error messages.