Atto editor recording video audio not synching

Atto editor recording video audio not synching

by Margaret Matthias -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle version 3.6 Hosted. 

MacBook pro(recently purchased) user recording video using the editing option but each attempt the video and audio are out of sync. When I record on pc laptop in his course shell- no issue. 

Both of us are using the label resource, built in web cam. 

Is anyone familiar with this issue?  Any suggests tips as to what could be causing the problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Margaret Matthias

Re: Atto editor recording video audio not synching

by Carly Born -
We are also seeing this happen on our Moodle 3.8. I'm considering lowering the bitrate to see if that helps.
In reply to Carly Born

by Carly Born -
My initial experiments with changing the bitrate had no impact. However, there is no sync issue in Firefox, only Chrome. I have not yet tested Safari.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Carly Born

by Margaret Matthias -

We are finding this issue with all newer and newly updated Macs for Chrome, Firefox and explorer where the individual is using the built in camera. I don't know if anyone tested with an external camera. I found a thread on the apple support site -https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251375319?page=1

It appears that newer settings have mac cameras set to variable rates and that appears to be causing the sync issue. I asked our host if there was a way to force/override the default settings to record at a fixed rate...they don't believe so. 

I did hear from our host that there is a plugin but they have concerns about the stability. 

If you like I can request a link to the plugin to share with you...they didn't provide a name just that they found one

Average of ratings: Useful (1)