Resource on embedding code in Atto?

Resource on embedding code in Atto?

by Pat McDenn -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

As an instructor, what are my limitations for code use in the html section of a Moodle text editor?

A bootstrap code such as THIS can run by pasting into the HTML code section.

A javascript code such as THIS can also run.

However, THIS code cannot run by pasting into the code of the HTML editor. I'm assuming that either the CSS portion can't be run from the editor or there is a command in the script that is not recognized? Is there a way to enter and run a custom HTML + CSS + javascript combined script from within a course?

If there is a resource to understand this better, please point me in that direction. I'm not looking to create my own scripts currently, just adapt what I can find, such as these W3schools scripts. I've read through the Moodle documentation but I can only find more complex guides on how to implement your own code. I've looked through forum posts where people mention that their CSS code is being stripped out but, in my case, it isn't being stripped, just ignored.

I'm using Moodle 3.8.4 Fordson.

TY

Note to mods: I asked a more specific question earlier and realized I didn't have the basics down pat first. I would delete it if I knew how (or could). 

Average of ratings: -