Uploading pictures with no access to the server

Uploading pictures with no access to the server

by Antonio D'Agostino -
Number of replies: 4

Dear all,

My name is Antonio and I am totally new to Moodle and development in general. I have a Moodle 3.9 instance running on AWS. I have a Moodle account (Administrator) but no access at all to the AWS file system.

I am using Boost theme and I am trying to customise the login page via SCSS. I found the right script and it works if I use the same image I have for the site background. My problem is that I want to use a different picture for the login page. How do I upload the picture I want to use?

I apologise in advance for the silly question but I am losing my mind on it... Thanks for your help.

Antonio

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Antonio D'Agostino

Re: Uploading pictures with no access to the server

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You probably need a custom theme but it sounds like you are saying you can't install new plugins?
In reply to Howard Miller

Ri: Re: Uploading pictures with no access to the server

by Antonio D'Agostino -
Thanks Howard,

no I cannot install any new theme but I can upload pictures using the file picker (scripts or even images when possibles). I wonder if there is any plugin that allows the file management with no access to the server. It looks like those customising the Moodle site have always access to the server, if that's the case I'll ask the necessary permissions to my IT dept.

Thanks again,

Antonio
In reply to Antonio D'Agostino

Re: Ri: Re: Uploading pictures with no access to the server

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
How are you going to install a plugin if you don't have access to the server?
In reply to Howard Miller

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Uploading pictures with no access to the server

by Antonio D'Agostino -
Thanks Howard,

Well, the idea was to ask the IT dept. but I realize more and more that the access to the server is essential.

Thanks again