Quiz with SEB: The config key or browser exam keys could not be validated ...

Re: Quiz with SEB: The config key or browser exam keys could not be validated ...

by Silvio Dall'Acqua -
Number of replies: 2

I think, that's the expected behaviour. As a teacher it should be possible to attempt a quiz without using SEB.

In the meantime a made some further investigations and tried the option "Yes - upload my own config" for SEB. I followed the instructions on https://docs.moodle.org/39/en/Safe_Exam_Browser saying that you have to redownload the config file, open it in the configuration tool of SEB (v3.0.1) and then copy back the displayed browser exam key to the moodle page. But still then the message " The config key or browser key could not be validated ..." remains. Very confusing.

In reply to Silvio Dall'Acqua

Re: Quiz with SEB: The config key or browser exam keys could not be validated ...

by Mahesh Kumar -
Hey Silvio,

In the Browser Key section can we paste the Configuration keys as well? I am trying to use the config keys so that all students can participate in the exams using the same SEB Config File on any version of SEB.
In reply to Mahesh Kumar

by AAM FIRDAUS -

Yes, exactly my question as well. 

I have put the Config Key using the SEB 3.3.0, and tried to open the config file from a device with SEB 3.0.1, but it says the key cannot be validated. 

I thought this was the best way so the config file can be opened by any version of SB, but Config Key doesn't allow access to quiz. 

PS: I also tried to open the config file from SEB 3.3.0, but the key cannot be validated as well.