Practical assessment observations

Practical assessment observations

ó $a->name - $a->date
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

In my course there are many practical assessments where the learner is observed completing task such as cooking a item. I am looking for a way to add a form that will act as a checklist for each element of the observation and allow me to add photographic or video evidence. I also need to print a copy of the observation in a pdf format for moderation, similar to Gocanvas.

Meán na gcomhlán: -
In reply to Mike Goldstein

Re: Practical assessment observations

ó $a->name - $a->date
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Mike,

This forum is specifically for MoodleCloud questions. I believe you will find better answers to your question in the General help forum (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=50).

Mathieu
In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

ó $a->name - $a->date
Hi Mathieu,

I am using Moodlecloud, thus this forum. I'm hoping to avoid getting a response about a plugin I don't have access to.

Cheers,
Mike

ó $a->name - $a->date
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Testers
Hi Mike,

Your question is about the Moodle LMS itself. So I +1 Mathieu's suggestion. When you post in the general help forum simply state you are using MoodleCloud and don't have access to extra plugins.

Cheers,

Cam

ó $a->name - $a->date
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Mike

Maybe what our music and speech teachers do to assess their students performing a practical assessment that they score by observing will help.

Some of our Music Instructors have been using the Assignment activity and adjust the Assignment settings submission type to be offline(just untick the two types). Similar to what our Speech teachers do so that they can score a speech presentation.

Then they used Moodle Advanced grading methods either the Rubrics or Marking guide to create how they are scoring the performance. Depending if the assessment method is looking at different type of instrument use (wind, brass, percussion, etc..) the teacher creates groups for different scoring.

Of course for speech presentations this works efficiently because the student typically are giving their speech in front of the class. However for music it is not as efficient because these are done individually with the instructor so they can observe the posture, pitch, placement of instrument and other musical criteria. So I am hoping that they start to experiment with the new feature of audio/video recording submissions in the Assignment activity. Of course there are many nice plugins like Poodl that allow audio/video submissions.

This was posted earlier at the permalink below in case the links do not work
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=397343#p1602458