Export user answers from quiz with randomized presentation of questions

Export user answers from quiz with randomized presentation of questions

by Scarlett Kobs -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Moodle community,

this semester we have, as probably some of you here, had our exams written online in moodle for the first time. Now we would like to evaluate the exams and the questions created for them in terms of their difficulty, in order to exclude questions for the final grading process. 

In the exams (quiz activity) we randomized the questions/items for each participant. Now Moodle only shows the answers for questions 1, 2, etc. for each participant (in the order they were presented to that participant) - i.e. question 1 is a different one for paticipant A as for participant B. If you click on "Rate this trial" (my translation of the German instruction) you can see which item it is. But this is a bit time consuming for about 300 students in 3 exams with more than 100 questions. Ideally we would like to export a data set from Moodle that looks like this: 

exam XY
item A item B item C
participant A answer a answer c answer c
participant B answer b answer b ...
participant C answer d ... ...

Does anyone here know if this is possible in this format? The raw data must be somewhere in Moodle, otherwise the statistics for the questions could not be calculated. In general, we would like to be able to read out the students' data in the above format.

As a work-around it would also be helpful to export the students' answer table in its current form and then to put them in the correct order by means of a second table which shows the position of each question per participant. Does anyone know anything about this?

If I am not mistaken, we are using Moodle version 3.9.

I am happy about every answer and every hint! 

Many thanks in advance,

Scarlett Kobs

Average of ratings:Useful (1)