Restrict access preventing teacher from seeing all assignment submissions?

Re: Restrict access preventing teacher from seeing all assignment submissions?

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you restrict the access so that only a subset of students can see the Assignment then only those students will be shown in the submissions page. If you think about it this is mostly sensible. There's no point showing (possibly) hundreds of students who could never submit.

However - and I've been caught by this too - it is possible to add a restriction that masks submissions already made. Which is less understandable.

It's maybe a bug... or at least a feature worthy of different opinions. You could raise a report in the tracker wink

In general, Assignment is sensitive to configuration changes made *after* submissions have started. It turns out that's mostly a bad idea. 
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Restrict access preventing teacher from seeing all assignment submissions?

by Gregor McNish -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Thanks, that makes sense. At least I know it's how it's supposed to work.

In this case, there's multiple groups sharing a course at different times over a year, and not all groups need the activity, so the restrictions were being changed.

I'll can advise if restricting access, to include both groups who need to do it, and who have done it already.