"Server Error 403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document" while uninstalling plugins from moodle.

"Server Error 403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document" while uninstalling plugins from moodle.

by egyanjyoti OSOU -
Number of replies: 7

Please help me.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to egyanjyoti OSOU

Re: "Server Error 403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document" while uninstalling plugins from moodle.

by Peter Schmitz -
Plus one. Any help?
In reply to Peter Schmitz

Re: "Server Error 403 Forbidden You do not have permission to access this document" while uninstalling plugins from moodle.

by Peter Schmitz -
I had the same and then I realized I had a web application firewall running at server level. Once I disabled that, the uninstall process would run as intended. Don't forget to re-engage the WAF afterwards.
In reply to Peter Schmitz

by soufiane jayden -

Hello i have also the same issue error 403 forbidden you do not have permission to access to server i disable web application firewall but it still the problem

Attachment bandicam 2020-12-20 23-50-41-671.jpg
In reply to soufiane jayden

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You might see the same error page, but it doesn't mean you have the same issue.

In doing a dig (DNS lookup) for the domain shown in the error image, it shows that your domain is pointed to a private non-routeable IP: 192.168.1.58

I also see Plesk in your screen shots browser tabs.

So check DNS - I assume in Plesk - for DNS set up for your domain.

Since that IP address is private and non-routeable ... no one on internet (all of us in these forums) will be able to reach/see your site.

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

by soufiane jayden -

hello sir take a look the screenshot witchone i can change ip routable   as you ip adress is private and non-routeable no one on internet ( all of us in these formus will be able to reach see my site you are right but when can i fix that Sir ;)

Attachment bandicam 2020-12-22 16-06-18-460.jpg
Attachment bandicam 2020-12-22 16-08-30-283.jpg

by Ken Task -

First screen shot ...

All those IP addresses are private IP addresses.
No one cept computers on that 192.168.1.x network can access the IP
address shows: 192.168.1.58

plesk DNS has a SOA tab.
What is the DNS server of authority for the domain: newchoice.ga

dig newchoice.ga -t NS
which is a query of DNS looking for the name servers for that domain,
reports no servers can be reached.
which means no name servers are authoritative for the domain.

freenom.com DNS servers:
;; ANSWER SECTION:
freenom.com.        300    IN    NS    ns01.freenom.com.
freenom.com.        300    IN    NS    ns02.freenom.com.
freenom.com.        300    IN    NS    ns03.freenom.com.
freenom.com.        300    IN    NS    ns04.freenom.com.

Even if the above are queried for your domain newchoice.ga shows no responses.

What is the IPv4 address of your server?  Surely somewhere in Plesk
it shows that!

Educated guess as how to fix:
find the answer to the question above and once known.
change all the IP addresses (the 192.168.1.58) you show in DNS for your domain to that IP address.

You need to contact hosting providers help desk ... where you host.

'SoS', Ken

by Ken Task -

After many un-soliciated Moodle PM messages, finally ... an understanding ... at least to this point ...

The OP has a CentOS 7 server in a VM on OP's local lan (a typical 192.168.1.x private home network).  On said server OP has installed 'freebie' Plesk and set up a DNS server for domain ... newchoice.ga ... all of that works - but only inside the OP's local lan.

OP might still be thinking that all that need be done is regsiter the same domain name with freenom - using the same private 192.168.1.x ip addresses) and the moodle will be accessible to the outside world.

First ... am shocked that freenom DNS allows customers to use private IP addresses in setting up a domain.  That should not be allowed.  However, the errant DNS is not propogating to the rest of the global DNS systems/servers ... for obvious reasons.

A dig -x 192.168.1.58 will beget:

ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0

A dig newchoice.ga which will use public DNS servers will beget:

ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0

Domain newchoice.ga doesn't exist!

For the OP to use home server like above, whatever company provides OP's connectivity to the internet would need to be involved ... they control the public IP addresses that that OP's router would get from the pool of IP addresses they 'own'.

Maybe someone else in these forums has such a home connection and does serve a moodle such as described (networking wise) and could tell OP how to do it.

Me ... I've taken this one as far as I am willing. smile  (will say, been there ... done that ... won't do it again!)

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (2)