Are forums backed up with a course?

Are forums backed up with a course?

by Walter Byrd -
Number of replies: 3

If I have a course that includes a forums. If I backup that course, and then restore that course, will the forums posts be backed up and restored?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Byrd

Re: Are forums backed up with a course?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Only if you back up and restore the course with user data - if you tick "Include enrolled users" when doing the backup.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Walter Byrd -
Thank you. A small problem that I have with that is: if I am enrolled in a course as admin, and then, while logged in as admin, try to restore the course, I get some sort of error message. But I will figure a way around it.
In reply to Walter Byrd

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You can get rid of the error message by going to Site admin >Courses>Backups>General Restore defaults and checking "Allow admin conflict resolution". OR - simply unenrol the admin from the course before backing it up- you don't need to be enrolled in the course anyway.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)