Different Course Formats (eTask topics format & Flexible sections)

Different Course Formats (eTask topics format & Flexible sections)

by olivia bacinschi -
Number of replies: 4

I am a beginner with Moodle. I have had the plugins for: 

1. eTask topics format 

2. Flexible sections

Now I am trying to use them both for the same course, but I can't. Moodle requires to select just one course format. 

I need them both for the same course. 

Is it possible? What should I do?

My Moodle is 3.7 docs. 

Thank you in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to olivia bacinschi

Re: Different Course Formats (eTask topics format & Flexible sections)

by Martin Drlik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Olivia,

it is not possible to combine different course formats. Although the eTask topics format seems to be a combination of course formats - it is not. This course format is based on the topics format and has the additional functionality of the grading table, i.e. it would be necessary to implement the grading table (eTask) into each course format and this is not realistic.

We are looking for solutions, how to separate eTask out of the course formats (e.g. block module etc.) - it will take time.

Best regards

Martin

In reply to Martin Drlik

by olivia bacinschi -
Hi Martin. Thank you a lot for responding fast and clarifying the issue.
Is it possible to keep the eTask topics format and maybe by applying some other plugin to have the topics grouped into subtopics?
We just have a lot of info on our Moodle, it's getting harder and harder to keep it structured and navigate on it.

Please, advise.
Thank you for your assistance!
In reply to olivia bacinschi

by Martin Drlik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Olivia, thank you for your interest in using Moodle. You have to choose - either eTask topics format (= topics format with additional grading table) or flexible sections (without grading table above/below the sections of the course). If you choose flexible sections, you have still Grades available as a separate core module. If you need a clear Moodle course structure, use categories for courses. You can also use student groups inside the course. It depends on your problem with the structure of the courses.
In reply to Martin Drlik

Activities with timer

by olivia bacinschi -

Hi Martin,

Thank you for guiding and recommending. 

We've got another need at the moment. We need our students to respond really fast, couple of seconds per question.

Is it possible to set a timer in a Quiz activity (embedded question) not per activity as a whole, but each point in the activity to have an "individual" timer?..

Or maybe we could solve time-related issue by using some different activity type? 

Please, recommend

Thank you in advance

Olivia