Hi there, Moodle community.
- I'm using Moodle 3.9, cloned from GitHub, using version control.
- No apparent error messages (not sure where they would be saved).
- Running CentOS 7, with full root access to server via SSH, FTP, and cPanel/WHM access.
- Using Apache 2.4, MariaDB 10.3, PHP 7.2 (though, I've unsuccessfully tried to switch to PHP 7.3).
- After 24 hours of course copy being apparently stuck, I deleted the following moodledata subfolders, in a frantic attempt to fix the issue:
After using the "Copy course" feature on the Moodle course settings, I have found that anytime I try to copy a course, it never finishes. In addition, that prevents me from attempting to copy the same course again. I have since found that creating a new course, then importing data from the desired course, is a decent workaround to this issue. Unfortunately I now have two courses that are stuck in this Course copying in progress limbo. Developer mode was on at the start of the second failed course copy and produced no errors.
- Where would errors for this type of stalling issue be sent to?
- Why is this happening? Does it have to do with memory allocation? Should I change some function timeout setting or something?
- How can I remove these copies that are "in progress", so that they no longer appear for me or other site administrators?