PHP error Cannot obtain session lock for sid: XXX (/cache/testperformance.php?count=100000) has a long session lock, or the session lock was never released.

PHP error Cannot obtain session lock for sid: XXX (/cache/testperformance.php?count=100000) has a long session lock, or the session lock was never released.

by Brian Y -
Number of replies: 1

I've recently moved my moodle install to a kubernetes infrastructure. Overall everything is performing well.

I am running the latest 39 stable branch on apache2 with php-fpm. The issue that I am currently having is related to the cache testing performance plugin.

When I test the performance of >= 4000 unique operations I get the following error from PHP on the backend.

domain.com/cache/testperformance.php?count=4000

Got error 'PHP message: Cannot obtain session lock for sid: pc0a3gmmf3u2ugklan7ji74rpf within 120 seconds. It is likely another page ([pid 63] moodle-5898868dbf-crnvf:/cache/testperformance.php?count=4000) has a long session lock, or the session lock was never released.'

Does anyone know what exactly this is referring to and where I can start looking to address the issue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Y

Re: PHP error Cannot obtain session lock for sid: XXX (/cache/testperformance.php?count=100000) has a long session lock, or the session lock was never released.

by Brian Y -
This actually is not my issue, this can be deleted as it isn't relevant.