How to changer the "opens" and "closes" text in Upcoming events block. Any method. (need to replace with RUS text)

How to changer the "opens" and "closes" text in Upcoming events block. Any method. (need to replace with RUS text)

door Yuliya Belyaeva -
Aantal antwoorden: 1

Moodle 3.9 (boost theme)

Russian language.

Most translated things work just fine.

1 issue-
In the upcoming events block I see the "opens" and "closes" text. (in english)

Tried language customization. Found 1 non-translated string that includes "opens"

mod_lesson          lessoneventopens           {$a} opens

>>translated>>purged caches>>didnt work.

All strings containing "closes" are translated.

Is the string I mentioned above the right one for this?

Anything i can do here?

Am i doing something wrong with language customization?

Perhaps additional CSS?

I have access to server files. So, I could change those as well.

opens/closes

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op Yuliya Belyaeva

Re: How to changer the "opens" and "closes" text in Upcoming events block. Any method. (need to replace with RUS text)

door Helen Foster -
Foto van Core developers Foto van Documentation writers Foto van Moodle HQ Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Plugin developers Foto van Testers Foto van Translators

Hi Yuliya,

It seems you have discovered two bugs in the Upcoming events block - well done! glimlach

Regarding the untranslated string lessoneventopens, the best solution would be for you to contribute the translation to the Russian language pack here: https://lang.moodle.org/local/amos/view.php?t=1597846365&v=l&l=ru&c=lesson&s&d=lessoneventopens You'll need to create an account on the Translation site if you don't have one already.

(As mentioned in the Language FAQ, most likely your language customisation didn't work because of caching on the server. Sometimes purging caches in Moodle isn't enough.)

As for the string containing 'closes', I tried experimenting with the Upcoming events block and switching languages and found that the words often didn't display in the correct language. I found an old report of a similar problem, MDL-18589, which was closed due to inactivity. Thus, I'd encourage you to create a new issue so that developers can investigate and fix it.

Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -